October 25th- 28th 2018
Join us in Kaufman, Texas from October 25th-28th, 2018 for an all-inclusive weekend bag making retreat. This event will be an intimate affair with only a small group in attendance to give everyone more one-on-one instruction with the designer behind RLR Creations.
You will be sewing with RLR Creations at a quaint, family owned and operated, retreat center.
The location offers individual sewing tables for each person, plus ironing and cutting stations.
The building also includes:
- A fully equipped kitchen where home-cooked meals will be made for the entire retreat. [This retreat is all inclusive! That means all meals (from dinner on Thursday to breakfast on Sunday) will be provided as part of the overall cost!]
- A dining area where meals will be served, family style, so you have an opportunity to get to know new friends
- A living room where you can take a break from sewing for a little rest and relaxation
- 3 Bedrooms with individual twin beds (no sharing necessary!), and
- 2 spacious bathrooms
If you happen to forget something you need to complete your retreat project, or you are just interested in some new sewing supplies, no need to worry! The owners of the retreat center have an onsite store, along with a larger local quilt shop nearby. They have extended a 10% discount to all retreat attendees, either on site or at their store location! The owner even offers to bring items to you at the retreat center, from their local shop, if you need something and don’t want to have to go pick it up!
You will be sewing an exclusive, never before seen, RLR Creations pattern! You will get to sew a brand new bag design with Rachel right there beside you! She will help lead you through the pattern, teach you new things, and answer all your questions! The exclusive pattern will be #50 for RLR Creations! It is a unique design that will prove a new but worthy challenge to all sewers.
We have a fun filled weekend planned!
There will be more than just sewing! You will have a chance to take a break from your machine and learn how to take better bag photos with a professional photographer!
You will also get an opportunity to learn about a variety of bag hardware, to check out some hardware install demos, and to shop for some new hardware with our Texas Hardware Supplier SYNH.
Our timeline for the weekend is as follows:
- Thursday, October 25: Check in at 5 PM, followed by a meet & greet at 7 PM
- Friday, October 26: Sewing and Such from 9 AM to 5 PM, followed by open free time
- Saturday, October 27: Sewing and Such from 9 AM to 5 PM, followed by open free time
- Sunday, October 28: Farewell brunch, followed by check out at 12 PM
Your ticket price of $400 includes:
A 3 night stay at the retreat center
An exclusive RLR Creations pattern
A class with a professional photographer on taking better bag photos
And all things hardware with Vickie Fournier of So You Need Hardware
Remember this is a very small retreat, there are only 9 spots available! For a chance to attend, follow the link below to fill out the registration form. The spots will be filled on a first come, first serve basis. Once we receive the forms, we will send out a confirmation of reservation -- along with payment information for you to make your deposit and secure your spot!
Don't Delay- Fill out the Registration Form Here!
Retreat spots sell out fast so don't delay! Please note that a nonrefundable deposit of $200 is required to hold your spot. Details on how to submit your deposit will be included in the email conformation.
Find the registration form here: https://goo.gl/forms/kuOX85PTXTBgU1ox1